Friday, April 04, 2008

3 bucks was my limit, not Global Warming - geeze


We have a Honda Hybrid already and I bought the kids an Electric Moped from Alien Scooters in S. Austin to use in College Station, however, I said to myself when Gas hits $3 bucks I was going to do something ....buy a Vectrix Electic Motorcycle...or start riding my bike to work....

I also play games with the Honda, like just how high MPG can I get on this tankful. This week I have been trying not to go over 50mph, and if I have to only go 55 mph. I am getting 49.5 - 50.3 mpg! ...and while that is really good mpg, the allure of the motorcycle kept call ing to me... call it a mid-life crisis, but it really is an economic decision.... really Regardless, we ordered it today and should be here in 10 days.... WOO HOO!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://michaelthecop.blogspot.com

JC said...

WOW Mike, what a nasty feud you have going on! I really don't understand a lot of the history about Toni, but it does all sound pretty petty and trashy. It's sad when people take things that suppose to be fun and turn it into something distasteful and potentially dangerous. That really is not wise putting address out for public consumption like that. I can only imagine the anger behind it all...especially after the CraigList hoax where an Oregen (?) guy's address posted and told people he was liguidating all his assets free for the taking. He only found out about when someone called about picking up his horse... sick, sick people.

I hope you get all that crap resolved, it can't be healthy. As a cop I am sure you know how things can escalate out of control when people become insensed.

Jim said...

Alright for you! By now you should have your first week in on the bike.

BTW, I totally support your logic, it was a rational decision given gas prices :)

Tim Noble said...

$3! You should try the UK! Try $9!

We just got a Lexus Hybrid...roll on electric cars!

WE won't get so many problems with the Arabs when they run out of money too!

JC said...

Tim... is that the litre price or the gallon price (1gal=3.8 liters)...
either way that sucks, just one is worse than the other. I was in Germany in 2002 and prices were high.... when we went back in 2005 we did exclusively public transportation in De, It, anf Fr. It was great. I wish Austin and Texas would get something like that. They say we are too spread out to be feasible... what ever!

I loked your woodland shots and the knifes were truely works of art. Very facinating

Tim Noble said...

Now $10 per gallon!

Thanks for your kind comments about my knives.

The woods are fun too.

We are building a really cool tree house in one of them at the moment.

Tim