Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Early Adopter woes...

I could not get the Vectrix to start this morning. I called the store. Apparently, the Tech and the owner are working out their differences. Yea for that!
Unfortunately, it looks like the circuit board that charges the battery is messed up and they came and picked up my baby and hauled it away to the shop. Hope it won't be gone too long.
The problem seemed to start when I rode it through the rain puddles... I hope that is not going to be a recurring problem.

4 comments:

Christine_Watch said...

You should join us over on the Vectrix user message board. You will have a resource to get many of your questions answered from experienced Vectrix users.

http://visforvoltage.org/forums/vectrix

Jim said...

Wow, I hope they correct the problem and I hope that probelm isnt that you cant get the dang thing wet. That wouldnt be too convenient living in TX.

Best of luck!

JC said...

YEAH
The Vectrix is back on the ROAD!
They could not figure out how to reset the 'processor', so they just reinstalled/flashed the BIOS which causes the processor to reboot at the end of that operation...

It was riding wonderfully last night... going to be a few days before I get to ride to work though...

JC said...

Hey James, thanks for the heads up on the URL. I had ran across that when looking for info on my kids EVT Scooter. I will bookmark it now for the Vectrix.

Oh Jim,
They said water was not the problem. More likely just a fluke that I'll never reproduce, and the local tech was wonder about the Texas Heat... a little more intense that in MA. :-)