Friday, June 30, 2006

Work, Work, and MORE WORK!

I just love my job sometimes...unfortunately this is not one of those times.... Our project is seriously behind schedule and the people who are responible for correcting the problem are all on vacation for the 4th, but do we get to take the time off too? Well, NOOOOO! In the wisdom of Micro Management Anal Retentiveness, we are are not only working the weekend but the 3rd and the 4th! There may be 3/4 of a day worth of work we have to do, then we just sit and stare at each other... but at least I have a job, it could be worse...

Oh well, my one saving grace is in 11 days we leace for Germany and they "said" I will not have to cancel...I hope that is not because they don't think they will ship until I get back - Das wäre schlecht! My son has been an exchange student and we are going over there to 'pick him up' and then manage to spend two weeks finding our way back home....I wish I had Adam Sandler's remote control to fast fwd time...

Guten Tag - Auf Weidersehen

4 comments:

Jim said...

Germany, cool! What a nice escape from the Texas heat.

Have a great time and don't go nutso with the sausage and beer :)

JC said...

Can't wait...spent 7 hrs at work on a Holiday Sat. and will have to work tomorrow for sure...., but Frankfurt, Kassel (friends), Berlin, Munich, Venice, Florence, Paris and home -- afraid I am already gearing up for the wurst and bier - Prost!

Actually last week they had a front blow through and it hailed....but really here in Austin heat hasn't been too bad, but then again I 'have' been stuck inside the building...

Vielen Danke I plan on having a gute time no matter what happens - this is the first BIG vacation we have taken as a family in 2 years...might need hours of counselling afterwards, but it will be worth it...

Jefftexas said...

I always have a great time when I go to Germany! I hosted foreign exchange students over the years and we take turns visiting each other.

Prost! Jeff

JC said...

Hey Thanks Jeff...we are in Munich today...I need to add some posts here, were have been in DE for 1 week...more to come later
Prost!