Sunday, August 05, 2007

Yup, I am officially GREEN now.

I had the Hybrid Honda Civic for over a year now and bought my wife the Electric Bike so she doesn't drive the Mazda Pickup to work anymore if the weather is nice.
Here is her Bike. http://www.tresterra.com/portia.html
My son and I were using it a lot this weekend and it really is fun. Generates a lot of looks and questions. I beginning to feel like a salesman, I wonder if i should ask if there are any kickbacks for referrals?
Well I bought/ordered my son (freshman) and daughter(senior) an electric Scooter to use at A&M.
http://www.alienscooters.com/component/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,37/page,shop.browse/category_id,9/
They live together in the duplex we bought a few years back... They opted for the sporty looking one cause you could (conceivably) sit two more comfortably on the bike. I like the one that looked more like a Vespa, but this way maybe I won't have to buy two - ha...now I just hope the use it.
It's suppose to come in on Wednesday, don't know if we will pick it up then or wait till the weekend - but I figure I will ride it home - probably be the only time I get to ride it!

now all I need is a leather motor cycle jacket and some leather chaps - lol

I forgot to add, this is what I want for my birthday/Christmas/Anniversary present...
http://www.vectrix.com/Portal/1/Language/47/Page/1/Home_(US).aspx
Alien Scooters has one in the show room, haven't gotten the courage to test drive it yet though.... didn't want to torture myself yet if I really liked it, like I'm not - HA!

4 comments:

Jim said...

Ooooh, I like the scooters! I think I need a Portia to back up my Porsche :)

JC said...

Maybe I should get one of those bumper sticker, "My other car is a Porsche"

Thanks, I think I am going like it too - it's going to be fun, hardly wait for it to come in.

Jefftexas said...

I like the bike! Looks fun to ride. I used to have a Honda scooter years ago, I drove it back and forth to college and loved it.

The birds have been coming back for 5 years now, I can't tell if it is the babies or the original parents coming back each year-but they all seem to be used to us by now and don't mind us using their porch!

Hope you have a great week-Jeff

JC said...

The TresTerra Bike is fun, it has Cruise Control of all things. The EVT's don't have that... yet the EVT's are really for use on the Road and it might be a little more dangerous in traffic to have the Moped on cruise control.
I am really torn about the Vetrix... it really is cool, but 10K is a lot of moolah for a motorcycle in my mind.... yet for the bike it really is not overpriced for what it can do. ...but I could get by with another EVT and live with the less powerful engine...

I feel like Tim 'the Tool Man' Taylor, MORE POWER! arg, arg arg