Thursday, September 30, 2010

Where Does the Time go....

This new job is killing me.... I like the people I work with - that is a big plus, but the product is so 'flexible' there are so many ways to shoot yourself in the foot. It's taking me a long time to get competent testing this new software.
Plus I have been so tired, fall asleep looking at the screen - that sucks! not to mention embarrassing! Had a little episode in May that landed me in the hospital for an over night stay - I was at work when little pixelated black and white spots were flashing in my left eye - got so bad I could not see the screen. BP was sky high, called my Dr. and they said get to an ER pronto. Drs did not find anything wrong, called it a Cranial Vaso-Spasm... that is the second time now I've been diagnosed as spastic... I am starting to get concerned. The first time was 20 yrs ago when I was having really bad stomach pains/cramps - Dr's didn't find anything wrong then and the diagnosis was Spastic colon. Probably all stress induced, regardless. Before my Dad got so sick and passed away, I was suppose to get deviated septum fixed and tonsils removed - was not looking forward to that since an Adult recovery time to 1-2 wks. Mentioned that to Cardiologist - he suggest a sleep study before surgery... so I did that and I had 70 sleep interruptions/hr. which is on the extreme end. So now I officially have Sleep Apnea - Woo Hoo! I got my lovely little CPAP machine 2 months ago and really have not had much success with it. Went back to the Dr. who did the sleep evaluation. He said the Vaso-Spasm probably was just a migraine and would probably happen again -- well aren't you Dr. Good News... but added that probably is not a stroke warning at this point based on general health. Did say that the CPAP mask was too big and that is probably why I am not getting good results... and of course, since it is past 30 days the Sleep Lab that provided the equipment is resisting refitting me - even though I complained and told them the same thing. Well that is a continuing drama, we will see how that turns out.

Oct. is always a busy month of birthdays at our house... wife 5th, daughter 10th, among other friends and relatives... Plus in Austin, Oct. 8-10 is ACL - Austin City Limits Music Festival.... later in the month, we are going to NYC for daughter Bday... staying close to 30Rock, that should be fun/different... usually stay closer to Macy's area. Got tkts to some shows I really have been looking forward to: Promises, Promises (Sean Hayes will be there, but Kristen Chenoweth will not be there the week we are, boo), Memphis and Wicked. Going to catch a NY Red Bull Soccer game the first nite we are there and Jimmy Fallon on Monday. Hope to pick up some cheap TKTS on two other days that are currently open, Rather take a chance on TKTS booth and get a discount rather than paying full price... Did get modest discounts on the other shows though a Guild that my wife is a member of.

Been reading everyone elses posts and makes me a little meloncholy about things we missed out on when the kids were younger [Son is 21 and Daughter is going to be 25]...
I wish we could have gotten out on the lake more than we did and go skiing/tubing...
I wish we would have gone camping together more
I wish we would have finished the West Coast vacation we planned before the RV's alternation caught on fire between Bryce and Zion prematurely ending one vacation... but that is another post in itself.

Those were all things I loved growing up and wanted to share the experience with them...but we did a lot of fun things and think it did make a difference in their lives.
Did a lot of things that I did not do as a kid
Snow Ski once or twice a year, trip to Europe, did complete the East Coast vacation with out any fires... expect my parent's RV did get broken into in the City of Brotherly love... I hope they loved that crappy TV and broken VCR they took while we were at the Liberty Bell and Independence hall!

haha, I guess what I don't post in frequency, I make up for in quantity....
Hope this helps alieve some of the anxiety I have been having with everything in a swirl... I also wished that I could match accuracy with the speed of my typing... I can type fairly fast, yet my mind is racing faster and then I mess up typing and I loose my train of thought and so life goes on...

No comments: